– The chance to see the magnificent, beautiful landscape of the Thong Nguyen Highland and the Chay River Massif as well as the fabulous land of the remote far north.
– Discover the unique cultures and ways of life of the ethnic tribes who inhabit this region. Join the local hill tribes people at one of their regional markets.
– Meet tribal people from different ethnic groups in their homes and at their work. Experience their way of life.
Day 1: Hanoi –Thong Nguyen- Nam Hong(B, L, D)
Depart from Hanoi at 08.00am taking a full day to transfer the 295 km to Quang Binh- Thong Nguyen- Townlet. Leave Ha Noi following national road 2 via Viet Tri, Tuyen Quang and Vinh Tuy. Then follow a narrow provincial road for 55 km to Quang Binh with several stops to visit the villages of the Tay ethnic
tribes. We will take lunch in Tuyen Quang City and arrive in Quang Binh Townlet at about 3.00pm, transfer to Nam Hong villages , afternoon take short walking tours around . Dinner and overnight in Home stay
Day summary: Transfer 295 km, approx.6 hours/ Some short walks along the way/ Acc: Local guest house in Thong Nguyen.
Breakfast, check out of your homestay and depart at 08.00 am. Starting point of the trekking trail. It is an easy walk through the valley and terraced rice paddies for over 2 hours to a village of the Dzao ethnic peoples. Explore the village and then take a lunch break. In the afternoon the trek takes nearly 4 hours going up and down hill through plantations, rice paddies and especially the palm forests of the hilly land of the Tan Nam Commune. We will pass some hamlets of the Black Zao and larger villages of the hospitable Nung ethnic peoples, arriving at the centre of Tan Nam at about 5.00 pm. Explore this beautiful village in your free time before dinner. Home stay in a house of the local Dzao people.
Day summary: Transfer 5 km/ Trekking 6 hours, approx.17 km, grade 2 of 5/ Home stay in Village of the minority people of Dzao
Day3: Nam Son- Ho Thau (B, L, D):
Depart at 08.30am after breakfast at the home-stay. The trek today is easy along a large village path which connects this village to other villages of the Zao Ao Dai (Zao with long dress), Tay and Nung ethnic peoples, all beautifully set along the Nam Ly River. We pay visits to many local homes along the way and everywhere people welcome visitors and treat them hospitably.
The trek in the afternoon goes uphill slightly to Phieng Lang. This region is inhabited mostly by the Zao Ao Dai peoples and several Flower Hmong who traditionally and practically build their homes on hill tops and cultivate the surrounding land to create perfect dwellings. We arrive in Phieng Lang in the mid afternoon, and then take a leisurely walk to explore the surrounding countryside. Dinner and the home stay will be in a stilt house of the Hill tribel Red Dzao
Day summary: Trekking 6 hours, approx.17 km, grade 2 of 5/ Home stay in Phieng Lang of the Red Zao.
After breakfast, leave Phieng Lang at about 08.30 am, to enjoy another day trekking along the beautiful Nam Ly Valley. There is a good trail which winds up and down on the high hillsides gradually going uphill for the whole morning via Pa Duc village to Quang Thuong. These people are very different from the Nung and Tay, who live in large villages in the lower lands. The Hmong and the Zao Ao Dai occupy the higher lands and build their houses all over the hill-tops. This part of the trek offers one of the most beautiful views in the far north.
Lunch break and then descend along a narrow trail passing through tea farms and steep terraced paddies for 2 hours to Nam Chong Village of the Zao Ao Dai. Explore the village and settle down in a local home by the hot spring for dinner and overnight H’mong home stay
Day summary: Trekking 5 hours, approx.14 km, grade 2 of 5/ Home stay.
Day5: Quang Nguyen – Che La (B, L, D)
Depart at 08.30 am. Trek along a narrow trail along the Nam Ly River for an hour to the centre of Quang Nguyen Commune, then turn off on to a tough trail going steeply uphill for 2 hours through Quang Vinh Village passing the villages of the Nung on the low land and Red Zao and Zao Ao Dai on the higher land.
Lunch break and then we must be prepared for the most challenging part of the tour: To get over the Nhin Co San mountain. The trail becomes narrow and very tough in parts, going uphill through the thick rain forest and later bamboo forests for nearly 3 hours till we reach Coc Cang village of Che La Commune.
Continue along the same trail for 1,5 hours passing some hamlets of the White Hmong to Che La Village of the Nung peoples. Dinner and home stay here.
Day summary: Trekking 6 to 7 hours, approx.17 km, grade 4 of 5/ Home stay in Che La Village of the Nung people..
Day6: Che La– Coc Pai- Bac Ha (B, L, D). It is an excellent day today! Leave Che La for nearly 1 hours uphill trek along a trail sneaking amidst the high mountains, passing several hamlets of the Flower Hmong, who always occupy the highest elevation. Arrive at Coc Re at noon and enjoy a lunch break in a local restaurant after hanging around the Coc Re market place to catch a glimpse of local life here.
Descend for the whole afternoon, passing through some narrow valleys with marvellous terraced paddies and newly planted forests til we reach Coc Pai, the townlet of Xin Man District. Transfer to Bac Ha , take rest and shower . Overnight in Bac Ha.
Day summary: Trekking 6 hours, approx.17 km, grade 3 of 5/
Day 7: Bac Ha – Hanoi (–, L)
in the morning take walking tour ( 1 hour, ) Free time until transfer back to Hanoi by bus. End of services in your hotel in Hanoi
We have a range of trekking tours available for you to choose from that have been specifically designed to enable you to experience some of the very best landscape and scenery that Vietnam has to offer. During the treks you will have the opportunity to sleep under the stars in a tent or in a local family house.
Most of our treks start with a jeep ride to take us out of town to where the real adventure starts. Your English speaking, Vietnamese guide will be able to answer questions about the countryside as well as local ethnic minority cultures and customs. During the treks you will only have to carry a small daypack with your personal belongings and of course your camera. Porters from the Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribe will carry the rest of your luggage in special watertight bags.
|Price /person||890 USD||850 USD||790 USD||750 USD|
• English or French speaking guide
• Porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Cook (for group sizes of 6 pax)
• All necessary transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Water for the whole trip
• Sleeping bags and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Tents if needed
• Mosquito nets
• All entrance fees and permits
• Overnight in local houses or tents
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drinks (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above
• This is a hard trek tour for clients who are fit and have good mobility plus some trekking experience. Heavy rain may cause difficulties and cause the paths to become dangerous at some stages of the trek.
• The trip can be organized the whole year around. The landscape is at its most beautiful from May to September thanks to rice and corn farming. Unfortunately it is hot and wet then with especially heavy rainfall in July and August. The weather is nice in October, November and the first half of December. January and February are cold and foggy, but it does get better from March to April.
• Personal luggage should weigh no more than 6kg while trekking. Good trekking shoes, rain gear and warm clothes are needed, especially in Jan and Feb and insect repellent should be brought.
• We reserve the right to change our tour plan when and where necessary in the interests of the safety of our clients.
All itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.
- We working and keep reservation from clients in internet by email
- We may not always have cruise , tours, holidays, travel available at certain time. Please contact us as early as you can.
- All bookings must be paid deposit 50 USD/person for a cruise, 100 USD for tour before start your trip.
- Deposit we be pay by paypal account : email@example.com